Effective September 2023
1. Information We Collect
- 1.1 Personal Information: We may collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us, such as your name, email address, and other contact details when you interact with our Website.
- 1.2 Usage Information: We may automatically collect information about your interaction with our Website, including your IP address, browser type, device type, operating system, and usage patterns through cookies and similar technologies.
2. Cookies and Similar Technologies
- 2.1 What are Cookies: Cookies are small text files that are placed on your device when you visit a website. They help us remember your preferences and improve your browsing experience.
- 2.2 Types of Cookies: We use the following types of cookies:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: These cookies are essential for the operation of our Website and enable you to access its core features.
- Performance Cookies: These cookies collect information about how you use our Website, such as pages visited and any errors encountered. They help us improve the performance of our Website.
- Functionality Cookies: These cookies remember your preferences and settings to provide a personalised experience.
- Targeting Cookies: These cookies are used to deliver targeted advertisements and measure the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns.
- 2.3 Managing Cookies: You can control cookies through your browser settings. Please note that disabling cookies may affect your experience on our Website.
3. How We Use Your Information
- We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Website.
- To communicate with you, respond to your inquiries, and send you updates.
- To analyse usage patterns and improve our Website’s content and functionality.
- To personalise your experience and show you relevant content and advertisements.
- To comply with legal obligations and protect our rights and interests.
4. Sharing Your Information
- We may share your personal information with trusted third parties, such as service providers and advertising partners, for the purposes mentioned in this policy. We will not sell your personal information to third parties.
5. Data Security
- We take reasonable measures to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. We have implemented security safeguards in line with the requirements of the Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA).
6. Your Privacy Rights
- You have the right to:
- Access and request a copy of your personal information.
- Correct inaccuracies in your personal information.
- Withdraw your consent where we rely on it for processing.
- Request the deletion of your personal information under certain circumstances.
- To exercise your rights or if you have any privacy-related concerns, please contact us using the information provided below.
7. Changes to this Policy
8. Contact Us
- If you have any questions or concerns about this policy or our data practices, or to exercise your privacy rights, please contact us at:
- 028 316 2527
Thank you for visiting Whale Coast Conservation. We are committed to protecting your privacy in accordance with the Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA) and other applicable laws.