Water is found in three different states in the water cycle.
- Rain is water in its liquid form.
- Snow and ice is water in its solid form.
- During evaporation water is a gas called water vapour.
Remember the Water Cycle
- The sun drives the water cycle because it provides the energy for water to change from state to another in the cycle.
- Water evaporates from the sea, lakes and rivers when it is heated by the sun.
- The water vapour rises high into the sky (where it cools) and forms clouds.
- Water drops from the clouds then fall to the earth as rain and snow.
- Rain and melted snow run back to the ocean and lakes, and into rivers that run into the sea.
- This forms a cycle that is repeated constantly (happens again and again).